I find the various philosophical arguments for the existence of God intriguing speculations rather than cast-iron proofs. However, in Pascal’s Pensées there appears one compelling argument that ditches the speculation and goes for a straight, honest wager. It goes like this
- If you believe in God
- and God exists, you gain everything.
- and God does not exist, you loose nothing.
- If you do not believe in God
- and God does not exist, you gain nothing.
- and God does exist, you loose everything.