Owen Jones has written this well thought-out piece about Western military intervention in Libya. Whereas I criticized those who suggested that nothing should be done, the gung-ho readiness for jetting off to Libya while totally ignoring violent repression of peaceful protesters in Arabia and the Gulf is problematic.
- Arguments against bombing Libya (liberalconspiracy.org)
- “Arabs wonder: “Why Libya and why not Bahrain, Yemen, Tunisia or Egypt? “” and related posts (friday-lunch-club.blogspot.com)
- Interventionists Struggle to Reconcile Libyan Action with Repression Across Arab World (news.firedoglake.com)
- Why is US backing force in Libya but not Bahrain, Yemen? (worldtruthtoday.com)
- Why MPs must say yes on Libya | Douglas Alexander (guardian.co.uk)